For the thousands of people in our community who suffer needlessly from depression or anxiety (and for those who love them) . . .
Nature Knows Best
The NATURAL MIND Process Combines
the Best of Nature & Science To Heal
Depression, Anxiety, & ADD
Did you know?
- Worry that goes beyond reason increases the risk for high blood pressure, heart disease, and other chronic health problems. The same goes for depression, also known to weaken the immune system—even cause cancer.
- Depression is an epidemic in these times, striking children, teens and adults worldwide.
- Anxiety and panic attacks can fuel fatigue, chest pains, dizziness, headaches, and difficulty swallowing or breathing.
- Depression can make the body hurt, and can worsen the symptoms of PMS, fibromyalgia, and autoimmune disorders.
- Attention Deficit Disorder, with or without hyperactivity, is being increasingly diagnosed and prescribed in tandem with depression. Yet many mental disorders have common roots and respond to very similar natural treatments.
Body and mind: it's time to treat them like partners in your health.
Heal the body; the MIND will follow.
Nourish the body and mind with
nature, nutrition, exercise, and meditation.
Does this describe you?
Check the box if you (or a loved one) frequently experience any of the following:
Lack of interest and pleasure in nearly all daily activities
Noted loss or gain or appetite/weight
Insomnia or sleeping all the time
Feeling so tired it's difficult to do all those daily activities that take so much energy let alone exercise
Feeling keyed-up or on edge
Intense fatigue Feeling guilty or worthless
Can't concentrate or make a decision
Suffer from phobias that disrupt activities or relationships
Excessive worry about everything—large or small—at least 50% of the time
You Don't Need to Be One of the StatisticsDepression and anxiety disorders are at epidemic proportions—you're not alone. Sometimes it seems there are few options for real help. Antidepressants and anti-anxiety medications give a little relief but whoa, all those side effects. Therapy can help, or it can go nowhere.
Our culture promotes an image of the "perfect person." Always busy and productive, social and smiling. Stiff upper lip, no problems. But that's not real life.
Yet BALANCE of mind, body, and spirit is possible.
You can gain ENERGY, CLARITY, and OPTIMISM,
so that YOU decide how to live your life.
Meet your coach for the Natural Mind process:
Sue Westwind, Holistic Mental Health Coach
Sue Westwind is a Holistic Mental Health Coach through the American Association of Drugless Practitioners (AADP). She holds a Bachelor's degree in Education and Master's in Religious Studies. For several years she operated a private therapy practice utilizing hypnotherapy, bodywork, and transpersonal counseling. Sue founded the Heartland chapter of Safe Harbor International, a clearinghouse for education about alternative mental health.
Sue battled rapid-cycling depression and anxiety for three decades, stricken by constant migraines and chronic fatigue. Key for her healing was discovering how food allergies and other gut problems were making her sick in body and mind.
After adopting an infant later diagnosed with autism, Sue and her husband used nutrition and environmental medicine to bring their daughter back into speech and sociability. This inspired Sue to adapt her child's remedies to cure her own chronic fatigue, depression, anxiety, and migraines. She chronicles this and other health journeys at www.thenutrientpath.wordpress.com.
Newly Released: my book, LUNACY LOST: A MEMOIR OF GREEN MENTAL HEALTH tells the full story and how I regained health. Buy the book here.
Many Work the Natural Mind Process
And Reap The Benefits Daily
BUT WHAT ABOUT YOU?
You need a plan that:
- Is easy to follow and shows results fast. Take diet for instance. Solid research will help you identify foods that make for bad moods. A simple test pinpoints which ones could be your particular enemy on the road to maximum mental wellness. This isn't about weight loss, but it can be one of the happy results.
- Spells out just what vitamins and supplements to take—not too many. There are some basics that do the trick for most of us. One nutrient you may have already heard of works like a charm. Our guest experts and self-tests will clear up the confusion about others.
- Inspires you to make lifestyle changes. Look, most of us are slugs when it comes to exercise. It may surprise you that to feel good, you don't need to work out as hard or as much as you might think. Add nature and sunlight to the equation and you feel even better.
- Increases your energy levels so you can look forward to the next day. We'll delve deeply into topics like inflammation, hormonal havoc and adrenal fatigue that can sap the life force from body and mind.
- Gives a powerful tool to manage dangerous and unruly thoughts, or "rumination." Many of us spend too much time in our heads. Maybe it's part of trying to cope with a fast-paced world. But when you can't stop runaway negative thinking, learn how to breathe, be still, and mindful instead of mind-blown.
- Helps you get a good night's sleep. What needs changing in your night routine? What nutrients can speed you to dreamland?
- Shows you how to simplify and make this healing process a priority.
Clarity, Energy, And Optimism:
The Threefold Prize
- We'll spend one week per topic, breaking it down to the essentials you need to make a change.
- Through guest speakers from the integrative medical community, a best-selling author's guide, and our workbook, your program is personalized.
- And guess what—we'll be online during the rest of the week for support when you need it. Our guest experts will answer your questions too.
This is a scientific, holistic, and compassionate approach that builds a bridge from where you are to where you want to be.
This course aims to provide the most helpful resources and referrals to assist you. Not a treatment program, Natural Mind is a psycho-educational course designed to lay out all the tools and coach you or your loved one toward mental wellness.
Not therapy, coaching focuses on helping you make a plan to beat this thing. Focus on the future—the reality of the body and the difference it makes or breaks when it comes to the mind.
Natural Mind Advisory Board
Ed Bloch, LSCSW, Co-Director, Life Enrichment Center
Jena Bloch, LCMFT, Co-Director, Life Enrichment Center
Hilary Brown, Local Burger—natural foods restaurateur, nutrition educator
Michael Brown, ND, DAN certified
Hyla Cass, MD, author—Supplement Your Prescription
Staci Hendrickson MS,RD,LD
Lisa Everett, Clinical Pharmacist, Certified Clinical Nutritionist
Dr. Alicia Johnson, ND, KC Holistic Centre
Yvonne Keeny, Executive Director, Fibromyalgia Coalition International
Farhang Khosh, ND, Natural Medical Care
Kelly Murphy-Boule, Hypnotherapist, Hypno-nutritionist
Jude LaClaire, Ph.D., LCPC; Counselor at Kansas City Holistic Centre
Corey Priest, D.C., Wellness Dimensions
Sherree Ross, Holistic Health Counselor, AADP
Dan Stradford, Founder, Safe Harbor International Center
Picture life after you know the real roots of your depression, anxiety, ADD, and are ready for a change:
- Waking up to the day after restful sleep
- Eating for health—effortlessly choosing those foods your system tolerates and needs, because of the mindful benefits learned in this course
- Body and soul manifesting the energy you've dreamed of having
- Saying NO to nagging worry or crushing dread with sunlight, exercise, and meditation—it takes so little time, and gives you time back
- Finding the focus you need to finish what you start
- Getting to the root of bad moods: and finding more time for what you really want to do (with more ENERGY too!)
- No longer beating yourself up for "feeling bad." It's not all in your head.
- Gathering with others in the Natural Mind course and in the online community who made their way to the clearing too.
A Special Note To Spouses, Relatives, Friends:
What if the person you care for is consumed by emotional distress but refuses a new approach? With tools from the Natural Mind course, you'll feel renewed in your ability to help. Learning the art and science behind nutrient, lifestyle and thought-pattern changes, you'll be inspired.
Use the work for yourself or for the person you love, and discover insights about the body-mind that make sense for everyone.
Medical knowledge is shifting to grasp the common roots of attention deficit disorder, learning disabilities, autism, depression, and anxiety. The sharp rise in children diagnosed with these conditions is astounding—Dr. Kenneth Bock calls them "the new childhood epidemics." Depression (1 in 33 kids) and anxiety disorders (10% of all children over the age of six) were unheard of until very recent times.
Research shows that answers to our children's struggles are similar to those for adults: look to nutrition, spend time in nature, mindfully approach situations and other people. Kids can learn too!
Your Natural Mind coach has extensive experience using a wide array of natural treatments with an autistic child. While any course of action is best taken under the care of a professional in pediatrics, your coach can refer you to some good sources.
Here's what you'll have access to with the Natural Mind course:
- A vitamin and supplement plan with unique tips to keep you on track. Certain affordable basics that work.
- The scoop on food allergy and food intolerance and its effect on mood and behavior.
- Guest experts (listed below) who work with people like you everyday in an integrative way, i.e. minding both the body and the mind.
- Skills and tips toward finding the exercise you can stick to—and why.
- The story on toxic metals and environmental chemicals—why they make you feel sad, mad, and bad—and how to get rid of them.
- Nature-reconnection practices and how they heal.
- Meditation de-mystified. We'll teach you what we know about getting started with a mindful practice you can sustain—just breathe!
- Basic body-mind sense: how hormones, adrenals, and other key systems can be renewed for ultimate good mood.
- A look at common addictions, like caffeine and sugar, that often make the mind spin out of control and the body sick. How to cut back or eliminate them.
NOW EXPANDED to A FULL 9 WEEKS of Support, Knowledge, And Coaching!
- A 9-week course in how to use nutrients, make lifestyle changes, and incorporate meditation and nature to give the boot to depression and/or anxiety. Research has shown it takes 21 days to lock in new habits. Now we've added another week to fully explore these important topics.
- Easy to find locations & parking: downtown Lawrence or the Plaza in Kansas City.
- Experts & authors from the fields of clinical psychology, family practice, holistic psychiatry, naturopathy, holistic health counseling, and energy medicine on the advisory board
- Textbook from a three-time best-selling author, Dr. Mark Hyman, MD. The UltraMind Solution is yours to keep as part of the course. (You'd pay $16 at a bookstore).
- The Natural Mind Workbook for crafting goals and tracking progress by Sue Westwind ($35 value).
- Small Group support and the chance to connect with others on the same path.
- Your own personal Natural Mind plan
Take the course and discover:
- Up-to-date views on the body-mind connection. New information compatible with therapy and medication, these nutrient and lifestyle changes are not usually heard about in the doctor or counselor's office.
- Local and regional guest speakers from the cutting edge—the direction healthcare is heading.
- Readings, resources, referrals. How to find the information and the professionals—and how to make them work for you.
- Preventative health care. Getting at the roots of emotional distress in the body does a whole lot more than cover up symptoms. Studies show relapse rates are much lower when natural means are used.
- Nutrition like you've never heard it before. Go beyond the Major Food Groups and yet another diet promising the moon.
- Lose the shame. Learning to view how you feel as a nutrient deficiency, environmental toxicity, food intolerance, or lack of exercise . . . releases the stigma associated with mood and anxiety disorders. Is there really such a thing as a purely "mental" illness?
- A peaceful practice to sustain you through the worst of hard times. Mindful meditation is just that—and so easy to learn. For others, centering practices shared by our guest expert will be the ticket.
- The lowdown on such key topics for mental wellness as methylation, thyroid health, neurotransmitters and more. Straight-talk put simply, safely and effectively.
To find joy again, to understand and accept your body, to integrate meditation and spend time in nature………
This course strives to put cutting-edge tools easily within reach. You want to be done with depression, anxiety, and brain fog—I know I did, and looked everywhere until I discovered that mind, body and spirit must truly work as equal partners. The Natural Mind process fits together the pieces in a way that's easy to understand, is do-able, and comes with built-in materials to help you follow up.
How much would it be worth to be free of depression, anxious thoughts and have sharp focus again, to feel good about getting up in the morning, energetic and ready to engage with the day, having a good feeling in your body? Yes, we know these things are priceless, but we also know the solution needs to be affordable.
For less than $28 a week, you can change your life—feel optimistic, clear, and energetic. That's less than we typically spend in a week to soothe and comfort ourselves with fast food, cigarettes, sweets, or a glass of wine.
Want to learn the Natural Mind process?
Yes, l want to learn the Natural Mind process!
The cost for the course is $249 to receive all of this (see green box above to save money!):
- 9-weeks of support & detailed instruction
- UltraMind Solution book ($16 in the bookstores)
- Guest speakers from the integrative medical community
- The Natural Mind Workbook ($35 value)
- A personalized plan to beat depression & anxiety
- Wholesome, allergen-free munchies from local vendors
- And hope for a much brighter future!
Click Buy Now button to register
Contact us for more information on the 9 Week course
Every human being is entitled to
CLARITY, ENERGY, and HOPE.
Sure, "life happens," and challenges will strike. But mental wellness is a birthright, and the more you care for your body-mind the natural way, the better equipped you are to take on adversity. We hope you'll join us.
To your Natural Mind,
Sue Westwind, Holistic Mental Health Coach
& the guest experts in natural medicine from your community